Camrose Circle

Camrose Circle

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Introductions

In a quest for motivation and self preservation before I slowly waste away physically, mentally and emotionally (daytime T.V.), I have decided to bore all of you with my life. I have just moved back to the birthplace of San Diego, CA after a 10 year life in Denver, CO. At 32 I finally have a degree, a few trips to Europe under my belt and I'm very nice (except to my husband).

Camrose Circle is the perfect place to start my journey. A cul de sac I grew up on surrounded by cement walls and Brookhurst St. I rarely escaped the black concrete or cracked cement driveway in front of my house. My best friends lived 5 houses down and the weird boy child across the street kept me entertained. Though I'm so far from those days, I seem to be stuck there. Being afraid of what's outside my doors or around the corner; trembling with the thought of anyone's disapproval, judgement or my own worst fear, success and its' commitment.

I'm discovering that safe in all of its' meaning is not necessarily a positive state of being. It creates fear based thinking, hesitation to live and a stagnant, naive existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment