Camrose Circle

Camrose Circle

Thursday, March 6, 2014

What do you want to be when you grow up?

"I want to be an artist!" I recall saying this very young.

I also went to art school.

I also do many creative things like paint, bake cakes make random weird shit because it's cheaper and cooler then buying it in the store.

But I recently have said out loud "I don't know what I want to be when I grow up!"

Ummm, newsflash Heather you are grown up and you just are. There's this misconception that in order to "be" what you're meant to be, you make money at it and it's your "career". The reality is you just grow up to be you, but older.

I've always been an artist, creator and inspired person, since I was tiny. I've always been loving a bit shy and I think funny.

It's hilarious to me that It's taking me this long to realize this. It's not rocket science, it doesn't cost thousands of dollars or years and years of an education to be yourself. This is just what is. How I make money does not define me or label who I am. It just sort of happened.

I think I'll just keep being me.

                                ( the girl who does not make her bed)
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment